1.28.2006


Ok, so this is the infamous Red Back Spider. It's part of the same Spider family as the Black Widow. This one is a Juvenile female Red Back, whose bite is dangerous. I've looked it up here: http://www.austmus.gov.au/factsheets/redback.htm ... The thing is.... unbeknownst to Alexi and I this particular spider had set-up house and home underneath my chair at our kitchen table. I noticed the spider when I put my hand slightly below my chair's cushion into the web. Needless to say, it was scary and had I placed my hand about half and inch forward, i would have been in some trouble.... there is antivenom available... so the bite isn't deadly per se... either way i didn't really wanna deal with extreme pain, sweating, muscular weakness, nausea, vomiting.... Another scary thought... how long had this spider been living under there?

4 Comments:

At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Samantha
You come home right this minute.
These little ----'- really scare me.
Momma

 
At 5:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I promise if they ever get you, I will avenge your spider bite.

 
At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

u r born under a good star Samantha none of these creepy crawlies thing will ever hurt you for real! Super Woman rules!

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger msryan said...

thanx gordon....

and momma, do not worry... i'm still alive and kickin....

xxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home